Caring for Your Jewelry
We want you to enjoy your jewelry purchase from Khakuun Designs for years to come. To keep your jewelry looking its best, keep these simple tips in mind:
- Over time, air pollutants, dust, perspiration, perfumes, and other natural elements can make jewelry and gemstones appear dull.
- Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on, and the first thing you take off. Remove jewelry before going to bed or any physical activity.
- Keep jewelry away from water, lotions, cosmetics, suds, sprays and powder.
- Use a 100% cotton polishing cloth since paper, polyester/coarse fabric often contain wool fibers, which may impart fine scratches.
- To help retard tarnishing of Sterling Silver; use anti tarnish squares, placed inside ziplock bag and seal.
- Jewelry should be wiped clean after wearing to remove body oils, and completely dry, prior to storing.
- After cleaning, store jewelry away from sunlight and heat in a protective zip lock bag, inside a soft, fabric pouch to prevent tarnishing, and scratches.
- Stainless Steel, and soft stones like lapis, malachite, turquoise, amber, and opals can easily be scratched by the edges of other jewelry. Protect them by separately storing in a soft fabric pouch, or inside a jewelry box to prevent scratches.
- Heat and sudden temperature changes may fracture the gem by removing the natural moisture some gems need to keep their beauty like Pearls & Opals; which draws moisture from the air.
- Always remove your rings and bracelets before using any product containing bleach, in swimming pools, and bathing in hot tubs. Exposure to harsh chemicals will compromise the integrity of your jewelry. (perfumes, perspiration, cleaning agents, chlorine, and salt water)
- When traveling, always pad and protect your jewelry from scratches and impact.